- The Orientation workshop for the Sanjoy Ghose Media Awards 2020 was conducted virtually on the 23rd November, 2020. The five awardees – Bisma Bhat and Rukhsar Kousar from UT of J&K, Rama Sharma from Rajasthan, Rajesh Nirmal from Uttar Pradesh, and Sumedha Pal from Delhi – were introduced and welcomed by The CEO of Charkha, Mario Noronha. The awardees were addressed by the esteemed members of this years’ jury consisting of Sudeep Thakur (Resident Editor, Amar Ujala), Nidhi Jamwal (Deputy Managing Editor, Gaon Connection), and The Chairperson of the Jury, Pamela Philipose (Public Editor, The Wire) The Awardees were also addressed by Charkha’s Rural Writer Dilip Bidawat who shared his experience and learnings as a Charkha Writer.
A special session was organized with Rajdeep Sardesai – Senior Journalist, Author, and Charkha’s Governing Body Member. He reasserted the importance of the work required to be done in rural areas to ensure that voices of the disadvantaged communities are heard at national level. He shared that this award is a great opportunity to bring stories of the ‘Real India’.
In the next five months all 5 awardees will try to bring out the narratives of women residing in some of the most rural and remote areas of the country.
- The Orientation workshop for the Sanjoy Ghose Media Awards 2019 was conducted on 30th January 2020 at Indian Social Institute, New Delhi. The Orientation was conducted by Senior Journalist Ms. Usha Rai, Ms. Preeti Mehra of Hindu Businessline and Ms. Sunita Bhadauria, a well known translator. The winners of the Sanjoy Ghose Media Award 2019 were Ms. Shalu Agrawal from AmarUjala, Meerut, Mr. Amit Garg from Rajasthan Patrika, Jaipur, Mr. Narender Bisht from CHEA , Nainital, Uttarakhand, Mr. Thiles Norboo from Ladakhbasket, Leh, Ladakh and Mr. Yousaf Jameel from Azaneseher, Poonch, Jammu and Kashmir. As part of the awards the winners will be writing 5 articles each on topics relating to various issues relating to women, like women empowerment, women health, adolescent girls, etc. We at Charkha are eagerly looking forward to reading some well researched articles on the various topics and will share them with you all for your reading pleasure.
- Orientation Workshop held at Poonch on 25th April 2019
- UNICEF – CHARKHA Short Film Festival held on 2nd December 2017 at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai on the Topic – ‘End Violence against Children’
- 20 students from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College participated in the workshop conducted from 9th to 12th December 2017
- Workshop on the topic – ‘Sexual Harassment at the workplace’ in collaboration with Partners for Law in Development for Charkha writers and journalists from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Bihar and Maharashtra held in Delhi on 20th and 21st December 2017
- Writing Skill Development Workshop for Rural Reporting, Leh, Ladakh
- Writing Skill workshop – Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Series of workshops on Print Media for IEC BCC Nodal Officers of Uttar Pradesh